Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance introduced an online customer service feature—Online Account Manager (OAM)—several years ago and continues to add to its functionality. We want to give you, the customer, easy access to your insurance information and self-service options in the manner you prefer. In our technology-based world, we recognize that clients want questions answered and problems solved as quickly as possible. OAM’s first feature was to allow paperless policy documents for your auto policy. This allowed for clients to view their policy documents online, while also allowing them to save when they enroll, through our Paperless Discount. As OAM functionality continued to grow, we saw easier and faster ways for customers to get what they need through this online portal. Clients can not only view policy documents, but they can also update account information, make payments, and file claims. As a company, we strive to continually improve our digital tools to enable Hoosiers to do business with us the way they prefer.
Features here, Features there, Features everywhere.
We want to offer the self-service features that are most valuable to you. For the past few years, we have surveyed our customers about their experience with OAM. We review those survey results and plan our new features based upon those results.
Here are a few highlights of features in OAM:
- Make a payment—You can save a payment method (credit card or bank account) and use it to make a one-time payment or set up recurring payments. You can customize your reoccurring payment by determining when the payment will be made as compared to the due date. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover for credit card payments.
- Paperless delivery for property and casualty policy documents, life insurance policy documents and invoices.
- View and easily store your auto ID card—If you are logging into OAM on a mobile device, you can view and store your auto ID card on your phone. No need to print it out unless you want to.
- Life/annuity policy details—You can view additional information about your life/annuity policy online.
- View or change a beneficiary—You can view all beneficiary information for life/annuity policies in OAM. Instead of completing a paper form to make a beneficiary change, you can make the change online. It’s a secure process with an extra layer of security.
- Text alert options—There are multiple text alert options available. You can customize which alerts you would like on or off.
- Customer information—You can keep your information up-to-date by updating phone numbers, email addresses and postal addresses.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) changes—Clients can make changes to their existing EFT deduction. These changes include a change of deduction date and change of financial institution. No need for extra paperwork or doing these changes only during business hours.
- Register for DriveTrend—Clients can now register for the DriveTrend app online and learn more about their driving habits and eligible clients can enjoy a discount on their auto premium. Click here to learn more.
- Coming in 2020: Updates to the ”Report a Claim” feature. —We are redesigning this feature to be more streamlined. As a result, your claim will be assigned faster to a claims representative and that means that you can get back to normal quicker than before.
- Coming in 2020: More claims features! You will be able to receive regular updates about the status of your claim without having to contact anyone. This will include text alerts, email notifications and viewing claims documents.
Saving Money and Going Green(er).
Did you know we offer a 5%* discount on Auto, Home and Farm policies if you choose paperless delivery of your policy documents? It’s true, we do! The discount is automatically applied to your policies once you sign up for OAM and choose paperless.
We also offer paperless delivery for other policy types such as Commercial, Umbrella, Life and Annuity and paperless delivery of your invoices. Unfortunately, we don’t offer a discount for these policy types, but you are doing your part to save the trees.
Customer Choice—Do what you want, how you want to do it.
We have outlined many of the features in OAM to really hit one point home: you have a choice about which features you want to use. Not interested in paperless invoices? No problem. You can choose to get them delivered via U.S.P.S. mail. You would like text alerts for invoices and billing reminders and not policy documents? No problem. You can pick and choose the text alerts that are right for you. We have built OAM to be flexible and meet our customers’ needs.
Simple as 1, 2, 3
Signing up for OAM is an easy and quick process. If you haven’t signed up yet, but want to click here. Grab your last policy declarations or invoice; you will need some of the information shown on either of those documents to complete registration.
If you have signed up for OAM and want to access your account, click here.
* Limitations and restrictions apply.