Revised: March 20, 2021
Protecting your privacy is our priority.
The family of companies doing business as Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance (“we,” “us, or “our”) is committed to protecting the information collected about our policyholders, insureds, applicants, claimants and other natural
persons (“you” or “your”) who visit our website, related social networking sites or pages, associated telematics mobile applications or otherwise interact with us online (collectively, our “Site”). This privacy
policy explains how we may collect, use, disclose, and safeguard information about you when you use our Site and with respect to various content, features, materials, applications, insurance products and associated services available to you in connection
Collecting your personal information
does not apply to the third-party payment processors or money transfer agents used to make payments for Insurance Services. In addition, this policy does not apply to third party mobile application online stores, which may also collect and use information
about you. We are not responsible for the data collected by such third parties. The categories and sources of your personal information we may collect depend on your use of our Site and Insurance Services and includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal, Business, and Demographic Information. We may collect contact details, demographic data and other personally identifiable information (such as name, phone number, email address, Social Security number, driver’s license
number, gender, marital status and birthdate) that you voluntarily provide to us as part of the insurance application process, the registration process for access to your online accounts, when you complete an online form, when you contact us by email,
or as otherwise allowed in connection with Insurance Services.
- Payment Details. In connection with the payment of premiums or payment of billing statements, we may collect data related to your payment method (e.g. card brand, expiration date, bank routing number).
- Credit History. From consumer-reporting agencies, third party services providers and public records, we may collect information about your credit history and credit worthiness.
- Health and Medical Records. As part of our life insurance underwriting process, we may obtain information about your health history, medical records and prescription history from you, your health care providers, pharmacies and insurance
support organizations, such as information about your current medical impairments and insurability, historical medical or prescription information and biometric information.
- Prior Transactions. We may collect information from you, consumer credit reporting agencies and insurance support organizations about your prior insurance transactions, claims, payment history and other purchasing experiences.
- Derived Information. We collect data our servers automatically recognize when you access our Site or Insurance Services, such as your IP address, operating system, browser version and the pages you visit on our Site. Such information
is not personally identifiable, but it still may be possible to determine from an IP address your internet service provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access our Site from a mobile device, our servers may automatically record data that your mobile device transmits, including your device name and type, your device ID number, version of your operating
system, access times, browser information, user settings, your geographic location and information about your use of Insurance Services. Your personal information may also be collected via mobile device IDs or other similar tracking technologies to
Location Information. When you access our Site, we may collect your generic location data, such as city, latitude, longitude and compass-related data. Various technologies are used to determine location, including IP address, GPS,
Wifi access points, and cell towers.
Using your personal information
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient and customized experience. Specifically, we may use your personal information in connection with our Site or Insurance Services for one or more of the following purposes:
Sharing your personal information
WE WILL NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may share your personal information as follows:
- With Third-Party Services Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf in order to help us underwrite insurance, process transactions, administer claims, and run our operations. The third parties include, without limitation, independent insurance producers, consumer reporting agencies, insurance support organizations, payment processors, data analytics services, email delivery vendors, web hosting services, geolocation application programming interface services (e.g. Google Maps), telecommunication companies and wireless service providers.
- With Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share information we have about you with our affiliates, our subsidiaries and our parent organization. The purpose of sharing information about you within our family of companies is to enable them to provide customer service, account maintenance or to tell you about other products or services that may be useful or beneficial to you.
- With Financial Services Providers. We may share information we have about you with other financial services organizations, such as banks, insurance companies and insurance agencies or brokers with which we have joint marketing agreements for purpose of offering products or services that may be of interest to you.
- With Health Care Providers. Your personal information may be provided to health care providers to verify insurance coverage or verify medical treatment or services.
- With Marketing Services Providers. We may share contact and demographic information, such as age and gender, with third parties that perform marketing services for or on our behalf.
- To Transfer Risk. As a risk management tool, we may transfer some of our insurance risk to reinsurers that may request information about our insureds in order to evaluate, allocate, or assume the risk.
- With Governmental Authorities. We will disclose your personal information to an insurance regulatory authority and any other governmental agency with jurisdiction over us to respond to consumer complaints and comply with audits, examinations, data calls or any other lawful purpose as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- To Respond to Legal Actions. If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to a subpoena, other legal process or a request for information, we may share your personal information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- To Protect Lawful Interests. We will share your personal information or exchange information with consumer reporting agencies, insurance support organizations, insurance regulatory authorities, law enforcement and other governmental agencies as necessary to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, to prevent insurance fraud, to reduce credit risk or to otherwise protect the rights, property and safety of others.
- For Statistical or Research Purposes. We may share some of your personal information with organizations that conduct actuarial or research studies. For example, we may share data about your use of our Site or Insurance Services in a way that does not identify you or may combine data about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about others and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
For Business Transactions. If we reorganize or sell all or a portion of our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired by another entity, we may transfer your personal information to the successor entity. If we go enter bankruptcy or go into receivership, your personal information would be an asset transferred or acquired by a third party.
We give you choices about our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may restrict our use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Email Marketing. We may contact you via email or social media messages to provide you with information about Insurance Services. To stop receiving promotional emails, follow the unsubscribe instructions in our email and/or social media message. We will process your request as soon as it is reasonably practical. Please note that if you are our customer, we may still send you administrative and transactional messages about Insurance Services.
- Tele-Marketing. We may contact you via your phone by call, voicemail, SMS and/or text to provide you with information about Insurance Services. However, if your number is registered on the “Do Not Call List,” we will use reasonable efforts not to make any promotional calls or texts to you without your permission.
- Unsubscribe. If you no longer want to be contacted by us for promotional purposes, you may request that we update your marketing preferences by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Children’s information privacy
In connection with our Site and Insurance Services, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you are at least 13 years old but not yet 18 years of age, do not access or use our Site or Insurance Services unless you have received permission from your parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit your personal information through our Site. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s online activity and to help enforce our privacy practices. If you become aware that personally identifiable information from a child under age 13 has been collected in connection with our Site, please contact us at [email@example.com].
Cookies and tracking technologies
Controls for Do-Not-Track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have information about your online browsing activities monitored and collected.
The Site does not track your browsing activities across third party websites and we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your preference not to be tracked online. No uniform technology
standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals which may be sent from your computer or mobile
device or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will provide information about that practice in a revised version
Links to other websites
We use a variety of administrative, technical and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties.
Questions and Comments