At Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, we care about you and your property. Having a home inventory, can make filing a claim easier in the event of loss. Use this free printable home inventory to help you get started.
Once you are done completing the home inventory, take these extra steps to help protect your home and property:
- Store your home inventory in a safe place, preferably in your safety deposit box.
- Record all serial numbers and keep them in a safe place with other valuables.
- Engrave your property with an identifying code or number that only you will know.
- If you are going to be away from your home for an extended period, notify your local law enforcement of your planned absence.
- Make sure your property has adequate lighting and safety systems, i.e., fire extinguishers, locks and fencing.