December is National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month. Attentive and safe driving is something Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance takes seriously and this month serves as a reminder to continue to drive safely—drug and alcohol free. It is imperative to be alert at all times while driving, and the holiday season may introduce alcohol during parties and celebrations. So, it is important to plan ahead for your way home. Here are a few things to be aware of this month and all year round.
- Have a designated driver if you plan to have a few drinks at your holiday party or family get-together.
- Drink in moderation, have a glass of wine and sip on it throughout the night, instead of trying to relive you college days.
- Be a good example. There are kids, teenagers and young adults that watch what you do, so be someone they will want to be like in the future.
- If someone you know wants to drive when you know they should not, call an Uber or find someone who can give them a ride home.
- Take NO risks. Keep your holiday season positive, safe and simple.
Spread the word. These tips can save someone’s life, and all it takes is you choosing to be responsible.
*The information in this article was compiled from a variety of sources and is intended to provide helpful tips only.