TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Revised: April 24, 2018
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: These Terms and Conditions contain important information about your legal rights, remedies, and obligations.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
These Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) form a legally binding agreement made between you and us, which governs your access to and use of the Careers Site. It is important that you take the time to read this Agreement carefully. Your use of the Careers Site is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of this Agreement. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT CREATE A CAREERS ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE USE THE CAREERS SITE. Any new features or tools added to the Careers Site will also be subject to this Agreement. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to this Agreement or the Careers Site at any time and for any reason. All changes will be effective immediately upon posting the “Revised” agreement on the Careers Site and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change or modification. The revised version will be effective as of the date it is posted, but will not apply retroactively. It is your responsibility to periodically review this Agreement to stay informed of updates. Your continued use of the Careers Site after the date such revisions are posted constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
2. CERTAIN DEFINITIONS
The following words and phrases apply to this Agreement:
- " Careers Account" means the profile account you create the first time you apply for a job on the Careers Site which requires you to register and maintain a password for authentication purposes when you login to your account.
- " Careers Site" means the job seeker career website under the control of Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance and includes your Careers Account, as well as various content, features, tools, products, services, and other materials available in connection with the Careers Site.
- “ Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance,” “ we,” “ us,” and “ our” means United Farm Family Mutual Insurance Company, along with its subsidiaries and affiliates, doing business as Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance.
- “ Proprietary Materials” means the Careers Site, its content, all source code, databases, functionality, software, designs, audio, video, text, photographs, images, graphics, and other materials in the Careers Site. Proprietary Materials is meant to include the trademarks, service marks, or logos contained within such Proprietary Materials.
- “ Third Party Websites” means those other websites or mobile applications to which the Careers Site links to or from which the Careers Site links from. Examples of Third Party Websites include Indeed, LinkedIn, Career Builder, and Facebook.
- “ You” and “ your” means an individual who registers for a Careers Account or otherwise accesses or uses the Careers Site to search for a job or in any other capacity.
3. GENERAL USE RULES
We operate and maintain the Careers Site, which is intended for individuals seeking employment (and recruiters acting on behalf of individuals seeking employment) with Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. You may use the Careers Site only for lawful purposes within the context of the intended and acceptable use of the Careers Site, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- YOUR RESPRESENTATIONS
- OUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
By using the Careers Site, you represent and warrant as follows:
- You are at least of the legally required age in the jurisdiction in which you reside to legally enter into a contract, and you have the legal capacity and authority to enter into this Agreement.
- You are legally sound, sane and free from any encumbrance in entering this Agreement and you shall abide by the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, as updated and/or amended from time to time.
- All information you submit to us will be true, accurate, current and complete and you will maintain the accuracy of such information with prompt updates and revisions.
- You will keep your password confidential and you will be responsible for all use of your password and you will immediately notify us of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your password or your Careers Account, or any known or suspected loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure of your password.
- You will not access the Careers Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script, or otherwise.
- You will not use (or permit any other person to use) the Careers Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and your use of the Careers Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- You will accept full responsibility for use of the Careers Site, whether or not such use was with your knowledge or authority.
- You agree to hold us harmless from all actions we take in good faith and in the normal course of business based on any use of your Careers Account.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation to: (a) monitor the Careers Site for violations of this Agreement; (b) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or this Agreement, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities; and (c) otherwise manage the Careers Site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Careers Site.
4. PROPRIETARY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise indicated , Proprietary Materials are owned or controlled by us or other parties that have licensed or otherwise provided their content, intellectual property rights, or services to us. Proprietary Materials shall be protected in all forms, shapes, mediums, and capacities, whether or not specifically delineated in this Agreement. The trademarks, service marks and logos contained within Proprietary Materials are protected by copyright and trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws of the United States. The Proprietary Materials are provided in the App “AS IS” for your information and personal use only. No part of the Careers Site and no Proprietary Materials may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission. Provided that you are eligible to use the Careers Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Careers Site and the Proprietary Materials and to download or print a copy of any portion of the Proprietary Materials to which you have properly gained access. We retain all rights not expressly granted to you in and to Careers Site and the Proprietary Material.
5. LICENSE TO USE THE SITE
Subject to full Compliance with this Agreement , we grant you a limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-assignable, revocable license to access and use the Careers Site for purposes of seeking employment with Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance, provided that you agree NOT to: (a) download any portion of the Careers Site, except as expressly permitted on the Careers Site; (b) republish, incorporate, or otherwise use the Careers Site or reproduce, distribute, or publicly display any Proprietary Materials without our express written consent; (c) access the Careers Site through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise; (d) use data mining, scraping, or other data gathering or extraction methods on the Careers Site; (e) hack or interfere with the Careers Site, our servers or any connected networks; (f) upload corrupted files or introduce any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancel-bot, or other computer programming routine or similar software intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, attack, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper operation of the Careers Site; (g) modify or otherwise make derivative use of the Careers Site; (h) use the Careers Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or in any way that violates applicable federal, state, local, or international law; (i) impersonate another user or any other individual, whether real or fictitious, or provide us with false information about yourself; (j) use the Careers Site to gain advertising or subscription revenue; (k) sell advertising on the Careers Site; (l) use the Careers Site to engage in any conduct that harasses, intimidates, bullies, or otherwise restricts or inhibits the use or enjoyment of the Careers Site by any other user, or which we find, in our sole discretion, harms or may harm us, our service providers, or users of the Careers Site in any way; (m) use the Careers Site for commercial use or gain; (n) bypass any measures employed by the Careers Site to restrict or prevent access to the Careers Site or certain areas of the site; (o) upload, transmit, or otherwise submit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property rights of any person, including any privacy or publicity rights; (p) use the Careers Site in any way that we find, in our sole discretion, competes with or displaces the market for the Careers Site; and (q) restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Careers Site. Any use of the Careers Site that is not specifically authorized in this Agreement is strictly prohibited and will immediately and automatically terminate the license granted in this Agreement. We reserve the right to refuse to grant access to or use of the Careers Site to any person for any reason at any time.
6. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
Full use of the Careers Site requires that you create a Careers Account on the Careers Site. You agree to provide current, complete, and accurate account information. You are responsible for all use of your Careers Account under any name or password by any person or entity and for ensuring that your account complies with the provisions of this Agreement. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or your Careers Account. You understand and agree that we will have no liability associated with or arising from your failure to maintain accurate information with respect to your Careers Account.
7. ACCOUNT TERMINATION
We may terminate your Careers Account and suspend your access to the Careers Site in the event you breach this Agreement or for any other improper conduct, at our sole discretion and without prior notice to you. If we terminate your Careers Account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party, and we may prohibit you from future use of the Careers Site. In addition to terminating your Careers Account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
You may terminate your Careers Account at any time for any reason by sending us an email notice with the subject line “Please Delete My Account” to email@example.com. Any termination request will be honored within fifteen (15) days of receipt.
Please be advised that Careers Account termination either by us or by you will not affect your obligations to us under this Agreement, which by its sense and context is intended to survive such termination. Upon termination of your Careers Account, all licenses and other rights granted to you under this Agreement will immediately cease. We will not be liable to you or any other person for any termination of your Careers Account. Upon termination of your Careers Account, we will have no obligation to forward any information to you or any other person.
8. MODIFICATIONS, CORRECTIONS, AND INTERRUPTIONS
There may be information in the Careers Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice. We cannot guarantee that the Careers Site will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Careers Site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors in the Content. We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Careers Site at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Careers Site during any downtime or discontinuance of the Careers Site. Nothing in this Agreement will be construed to obligate us to maintain and support the Careers Site or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
9. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Careers Site may contain links to or from Third Party Websites. Such Third Party Websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Websites accessed via the Careers Site. Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Website does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Careers Site and access the Third Party Websites, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate to from the Careers Site. Any purchases you make through Third Party Websites will be through other websites and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party. You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third Party Websites and you will hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you will hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any contact with Third Party Websites.
THE CAREERS SITE AND ALL CONTENT AND MATERIALS ASSOCIATED THEREWITH ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS,” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE CAREERS SITE AND YOUR USE OF THE CAREERS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH CAREERS SITE AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (a) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT OR MATERIALS: (b) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CAREERS SITE OR YOUR CAREERS ACCOUNT; (c) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (d) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE CAREERS SITE; (e) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE CAREERS SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (f) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE CAREERS SITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE CAREERS SITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. YOU ARE CAUTIONED TO USE THE CAREERS SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CAREERS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM US OR THAT RESULT FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETION OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, VIRUSES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, WHETHER OR NOT RESULTING FROM AN ACT OF GOD, COMMUNICATION FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR CAREERS ACCOUNT, THE CAREERS SITE, OR OUR RECORDS. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THE CAREERS SITE OR ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, AS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY, YOU MAY DISCONTINUE USING THE CAREERS SITE AND YOU SHOULD DELETE YOUR CAREERS ACCOUNT. ALTHOUGH WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR YOUR LOSSES CAUSED BY AN UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE CAREERS SITE, YOU MAY BE LIABLE TO OTHERS, AS WELL AS TO US, IF YOU USE THE CAREERS SITE IN VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless and all of our respective officers, agents, partners and employees, from and against, any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (a) your use of the Careers Site; (b) breach of this Agreement; (c) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement; (d) your violation of the rights of a third party; or (e) any overt harmful act toward any user of the Careers Site, service provider, or other third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
13. ELECTIONIC COMMUNICATION
By accessing the Careers Site or registering for a Careers Account, you agree that we may collect, use, and disclose certain information about you. We may use this information to contact you using various electronic communication methods for a variety of purposes, such as to inform you of additional features of the Careers Site or for purposes of informing you of any jobs or request further information from you (any such contact is hereafter referred to as “Messages”). You agree that any Messages we may transmit to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communication be in writing. Please be aware that text and/or data rates may apply to Messages you may receive via your mobile device, depending on the data plan you have with your mobile service provider.
15. GENERAL PROVISIONS
This Agreement and any policies or operating rules posted by us in the Careers Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay or failure to act arising out of or on account of any cause beyond our reasonable control. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision is deemed stricken and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of this Agreement. You agree that this Agreement will not be construed against us by virtue of having drafted it. You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of this Agreement and the lack of signing by the parties hereto. This Agreement and any dispute under it will be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Indiana applicable to agreements made and to be entirely performed within the State of Indiana, without regard to conflict-of-law principles. You consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in Marion County, Indiana and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts.
16. CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Agreement, please contact us here.
Revised: April 24, 2018
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways, such as through the Careers Site, social media channels, job fairs, and telephone interviews. We may collect the following types of information about you:
- Contact and Demographic Information. By using the Careers Site, we may collect demographic and other personally identifiable information (such as name, mobile phone number, email address, birthdate, and gender) that you voluntarily provide to us.
- Sensitive Information. In an effort to help verify your identification, when you apply for a job on the Careers Site, we may collect your Social Security number, driver’s license number, disabilities, health-related information; and other identification information.
- Resumes and References. We will collect information contained in your resume and related information you provide about your career interests, qualifications, skills, and experience. Also, we may collect information you provide to us about your colleagues, friends, emergency contacts, or other individuals you would like us to contact to verify information and make further inquiries about you.
- Passwords. The first time you apply for a job, you will be asked to register on the Careers Site (“Careers Account”), which requires you to create and maintain a password for authentication purposes when you log into your Careers Account. We collect your password information, and we may also collect other unique identifiers, such as your user name and answers to security questions.
- Device Information. Our servers automatically collect some data when you access the Careers Site, such as your interactions with the mobile application. We may also collect information such as device name and type, version of your operating system, access times, browser information, and settings. Information may also be collected via mobile device IDs and other similar tracking technologies to recognize you.
- Location Information. When you log into your Careers Account, we may access your generic location (such as city or neighborhood) data, or, with your consent, your geolocation data, which, if enabled, may be received by us every time you access your Careers Account. We may use and store this location information to provide and improve features of the Careers Site, for example, to provide you more relevant information about jobs near you.
- Public Information. Some data we collect is publicly available. For example, we may collect information you submit to a social media website. We may also collect data about you from other entities. By gathering additional data about you, we can correct inaccurate information and provide job opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Information We Use
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience and enables us to more accurately assess your qualifications for the job. Specifically, we may use information collected about you in connection with the Careers Site to: (1) communicate with you about job availability or otherwise provide administrative notices applicable to your use of the Careers Site; (2) respond to your questions and comments; (3) assess your suitability and qualifications as a job candidate; (4) create and manage your Careers Account; (5) monitor and analyze usage and trends and to improve user experience with the Careers Site; (6) generate a personal profile of you to make future visits more personalized; (7) request feedback and contact you about your use of the Careers Site; (8) compile anonymous statistical information and analysis for use internally or with third parties; (9) detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or other fraudulent or illegal activities; and (10) maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
Information We Share
We may share information we have about you as follows:
- With Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including software service providers, data analytic services, email delivery vendors, hosting services, geolocation application programming interface services (e.g. Google Maps), telecommunication companies, wireless service providers, and customer service providers.
- To Protect Lawful Interests. We may share your information to the fullest extent permitted by law if we believe such disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (1) respond to legal process, a subpoena or a similar request for information, a court order, or other legal obligation; (2) cooperate with a request from law enforcement or other governmental agency in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; (3) protect and defend our rights, property, our safety, the safety of other users of the Careers Site, our employees, and others; or (4) detect, investigate, and help prevent data security threats or other malicious activity. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For Our Business Transactions. If we reorganize or sell all or a portion of our assets, undergo a merger, or are acquired by another entity, we may transfer your information to the successor entity. If we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, your information would be an asset transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Anonymized Data. We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share data about your use of the Careers Site in a way that does not identify you or may combine data about the nature or frequency of your interactions with similar information about other users and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
Deactivating Your Account
You may deactivate your Careers Account at any time by messaging us here. After you deactivate your account, we may retain information that we are required to keep and any information that has been disclosed to us or shared on the Careers Site.
We use various administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information. In addition, access to your Careers Account is password-protected and limited to authorized personnel with a need-to-know your information for our business purposes. While we have taken reasonable steps to make the information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is in transit over the internet or mobile networks and any such transmission is at your sole risk. The safety and security of your information, especially your Careers Account information, also depends on you and you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
Policy for Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 18. If you are at least 13 years old but not yet 18 years of age, do not access or use the Careers Site unless you have received permission from your parent or guardian. We recommend that all children under 18 years of age ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before transmitting any information about themselves to anyone via the Internet. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit any personal information to us. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s online activity and to help enforce our privacy practices. If we learn that personally identifiable information from users less than 13 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such information from our records; however, please be aware that the information may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our databases.
Please submit questions or comments about this policy here.